Project 365: One Photo A Day #013
|Homemade Waffles topped with strawberries and whipped cream.|
So for this weekend, we decided to have some homemade waffles for brunch. The photo above captured exactly how these waffles tasted. Very inviting, if not indulging. They didn't taste like the typical ones you buy at the supermarket. This one has some fruity, custard flavor in it, thanks to the eggs and the apple sauce. If you want to try making them at home, feel free to use the recipe below.
Easy Homemade Waffle Recipe
2 cups of flour
1/8 cup of sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
2 eggs, beaten
2 cups milk
1/8 cup oil
4 tbsp of apple sauce
1 tsp vanilla
pinch of salt
1. Pre-heat your waffle iron.
2. In a large bowl, blend dry ingredients. Set aside.
3. In a separate bowl, mix wet ingredients and add to the dry mixture.
4. Mix and pour into a hot waffle iron. You will know that your waffle is done when steam no longer escapes from the waffle iron and the waffle is lightly browned and crispy.
5. Top with your choice of syrup or with whipped cream and fruits, just how we did it this weekend.